Pretest Plus is an online platform for students to answer mock tests for the CAT, UKiset and 13+ Pre-test school entrance exams in the UK. We built an ecommerce website to sell the tests and a web app for students to take the tests online.
Our work with Pretest Plus started with conceptualization – architecting the website and the app, understanding the different users and their needs, wireframing and prototyping every interaction.
The entire system revolves around three main user groups: Parents, Students and School.
Parents can purchase a set of online tests for their children. These are then added to a dashboard where parents create an account for the child (or multiple children) and assign a test. The parents are able to keep a track of the results through a simple interface and compare the results against universal aggregates.
Schools can purchase tests in bulk (for hundreds of students) and assign them to students. These can then be tracked through an comprehensive School Dashboard.
We created a bold, bright aesthetic for their e-commerce store, and extended it gracefully to the UX/UI of the Web App in a subtler and simpler form.
On the technology side, we built:
1) A custom WooCommerce based eCommerce System.
2) A PHP backend to manage users, create tests, assign tests, serve and answer tests and analyze the aggregate results.
3) Dashboards for the Administrator, School Accounts, Parent Account and Student Accounts – with the appropriate level of controls and functionality.
4) A Mandrill based mailing system to send out notifications and updates about the status of tests.
5) A comprehensive admin backend with overriding controls for the entire system